Welcome to Urban Voice! We are a new church. We started on Easter Sunday 2016 at our current location in an empty warehouse unit. We are committed to sharing the grace of Jesus Christ to our neighbors near and far, loud and clear. We welcome friends and neighbors from all kinds of background. If you do not have a home church, or new to Chicago, or simply want to check out a church, come visit us to see if Urban Voice may become your home.
The vision of Urban Voice is to lead everyone to become every-day missional leader whose life is bold, real and relevant. We believe that God desires each and every one of us to follow Jesus and to advance the way of the kingdom in all areas of life.
Imagine God’s people are fully committed to the Lord, seeking to be bold, be real and be relevant. What kind of impact we can make in our personal life, family, career and society. God will be glorified.
Our Core Values
From day one, Urban Voice is driven by three core values: Bold, Real and Relevant. We strive to be real or authentic in our community, to take bold action steps in our faith, and to be relevant to our generation. We want these core biblical values to shape your life and your faith as well.
- We believe God is our Creator, loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe every person is created in the very image of God. Though broken and distorted by sin, we are restored by the grace of God.
- We believe the Bible is God-inspired word of love that speaks to us and shapes our lives to be more like Him.
- We believe God’s grace is the most prevailing and beautiful message of the Bible, ultimately demonstrated in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which compels us to follow Jesus.
- We believe we are God’s new creation. We come together to form a local church, a community of followers of Jesus, growing together in our journey of faith.
Pastor Mark Chan - Lead Pastor
Pastor Mark has years of experience serving in Chinese-Asian church context.
Pastor Kwan Choi Ng - Pastor of Senior Adults Ministry
Pastor Ng has pastored in different Chinese churches in Hong Kong and North America.
Pastor Laisin Cheung - Assistant Pastor
Pastor Laisin has years of experience serving in Christian ministry organization.
Pastor James Au - Pastor of Youth Ministry
Pastor James leads our youth ministry, discipleship group and worship.